The Tiki Bar
- Telephone 0141 332 1341
- Bar open Mon–Thu 5pm–midnight; Fri–Sun 3am–midnight.
- Website www.tikibarglasgow.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Descending the barely noticeable stairway into the fun-loving Hawaiian tiki bar is like stepping into another era. Kitsch 1950s memorabilia line the walls while palm trees and wicker furniture dominate the compact drinking area. Cocktails are the name of the game here, large, entertaining and served in carved bowls or glasses, using many unusual flavour combinations, most of which are rum-based but the odd alternative spirit can be found. Glasvegas Kiss is a particular crowd-pleaser – a large shot of orange vodka, orange liqueur and a homemade irn-bru syrup are shaken together with ginger, grapefruit and pineapple juice, all served in a scorpion bowl for two. A variety of music can be found throughout the week, though expect more indie rock at the weekends with the odd live band, probably not the place for a lads night, but great fun for couples and younger groups lloking for something fun and different.
- High point: Fun cocktails in themed surroundings …
- Low point: though prices can be a bit crazy
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 1950s stuff - rockabilly, retro pop - and 60s Americana
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of The Tiki Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments