- Telephone 0141 332 1341
- Bar open Mon–Sun 5pm–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am –9.30pm
- Pre-theatre times 5pm–7pm
- Average price £8 (set lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £14.00
- Website www.tikibarglasgow.com
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Ascending the staircase from the Hawaiian-influenced Tiki Bar downstairs, the aptly named Kitsch Inn is awash with 1950s artwork and memorabilia. The menu is reassuringly small in comparison to similar outfits, containing some of the most popular Thai dishes known worldwide. Chicken satay, prawn tempura and spring rolls all feature for starters, or perhaps try the soft yet crisp salt and pepper squid – tossed in five spice adding further flavour injection along with unusual green mayonnaise. Curry features heavily for mains whether green, red, rendang or massaman, all are well seasoned and arrive steaming hot with fragrant rice. Beyond curry, try the classic phat Thai dish – fried noodles are cooked with fresh sweet king prawns combined with egg and topped with crushed peanuts to make an excellent dish. To finish, puddings come in half portions, great for smaller appetites or if you simply cannot choose just one.
- High point: Small menu, fresh ingredients, authentic flavours
- Low point: Can be noisy from bar below
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- Private dining: Up to 15 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Surf, reggae, rockabilly, 50s music of all sorts.
- Capacity: 54
- Largest group: 54
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £14.00 per bottle