- Telephone 0131 668 3111
- Food served Mon–Sun 5–11pm
- Average price £22 (evening meal)
- Website www.losargentinossteakhouseinedinburgh.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Los Argentinos exists to fulfil the desires of Edinburgh’s committed carnivores. While other options such as grilled fish, shellfish and chicken are available it is clear that these are not the main event. From the menu to the giant cowhide pinned on the wall, this place is all about red meat – in particular the specially imported Argentine beef steaks. Starters might include spare ribs in barbecue sauce, salads, nachos or traditional empanada pastries filled with corn and meat. Steaks are available in a variety of cuts and sizes and are sweet and smoky, fresh from the chargrill. For your accompaniments choose from a slightly tired-looking green salad, baked potatoes or crisp fries. Steaks can be served with a range of sauces, including traditional chimichurri (with fresh herbs, garlic and chilli), tomato, creamy mushroom or a somewhat bland béarnaise. In the unlikely event that you can fit in pudding there are ice-creams or an apple pie available.
- High point: Tender steaks with good flavour at a cost that won’t break the bank
- Low point: Service can be slow at busy times
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Latin American
- Capacity: 54
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £11.95 per bottle