- Telephone 01620 825674
- Bar open Mon–Fri noon–3pm, 6–10pm; Sat noon–11pm; Sun noon–10pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2.30pm, 6–9pm; Sat noon–3pm, 6–9.30pm; Sun 12.30–3pm, 6–8pm.
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Website www.watersidebistro.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Haddington’s Waterside Bistro picturesquely overlooks the River Tyne and its ancient Nungate Bridge, and inside houses opulently decorated, log-fire rooms and the riches of the East Lothian countryside. Chef Andy Rees’ lunches are either fixed price or a roster of snacks, sandwiches and pub classics, while dinner brings imaginative dishes and refined presentation. Vino Wines provides a decent wine list and stocks the bar with a browse-worthy selection of 30 bottled beers, but the Waterside's pride is its family and dog-friendly atmosphere.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Private dining: Upstairs 30; Gallery 20; Bothy 20; Nook 12; Grumpy Cow Bar 12
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 75
- Largest group: 75
- Open since: Current owners July 2010
- House wine: £11 per bottle