- Telephone 0141 632 3466
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–5.30pm; Sun 10am–4.30pm.
- Average price £6 (set lunch)
- Website www.biscuitcafe.co.uk
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
This spacious café with its particularly well-trained staff is run with such care and attention to the customer experience that it is easy to while away a couple of hours. Friends relax over coffees, pots of tea and irresistible in-house baking, such as lemon and ginger crumble or apple cake with mixed berry icing. The American slant to the lunch and snack menu is attractive to young (and not so young) diners; burgers, wraps and hot dogs are a speciality and also feature on the reasonably priced kids menu. Soups are interesting and well flavoured such as tangy tomato, carrot and coriander, while specials can often be a large chicken or pork burger with an abundance of trimmings. The newly launched Sunday brunch menu with its deep-filled waffles and US-style pancakes is also attracting an enthusiastic crowd, and additions to the afternoon menu are in the pipeline.
- High point: Astoundingly delicious empire biscuits …
- Low point: which run out almost every day
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chill-out mix
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 20 (60 if hire for function)
- Open since: 2008
- BYOB: £1.50 wine or 4 beers corkage
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Biscuit./5 from RSS feed of these comments