Crabby Macs Seafood Café
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 337 2282
- Bar open Tue–Sun 11am–11pm. Closed Mon.
- Food served Tue–Sun noon–10pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Sat noon –6.30pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website thepartnersrestaurants.co.uk/crabbymacs/
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Based in the former Tattie Macs, Crabby’s is the ideal relaxed, friendly destination for those who may be curious but unconfident about delving into the magical world of Scottish seafood. The small shopfront opens into a large warm contemporary setting with chic black and white wallpaper, grey paintwork, lots of mirrors, wooden floors and tables attended by lively and chatty service staff who help keep the experience appealing and fun. The food is entertaining too – all amped-up flavours and stylish flourishes. Starters of perfectly cooked scallops are given a sprightly lemon lift served on a bed of sweet roasted peppers and pak choi while the potted crab thermidor is light in texture but full of fresh sea flavour served with a crunchy, garlicky breadcrumb topping. From the mains a pearly sea bass cooked in paupiette along with a tricky mixture of vegetables and scallops has a sweet undertow and rich herby juices while the seafood curry is surprisingly light and zingy with bright Thai notes and fragrant rice. A pleasant informal buzz hangs around the place and its commitment to European style approachability is laudable.
- High point: Lively, colourful and fun
- Low point: Sometimes hectic
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: 80's classics/ laid back music
- Capacity: 48
- Largest group: 48
- Open since: 2011
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Foraging for wild produce17 Sep 2010
Top chefs are looking to Scotland's natural plant life for inspiration
Eating local, for some, means foraging for the wild foods that grow right on our own doorstep, writes Andrea Pearson.
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 7 reviews of Crabby Macs Seafood Café./5 from RSS feed of these comments