The Bath Street Palomino
- Telephone 0141 221 9444
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–3am.
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu noon–7pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.95
- Website www.bathstreetpalomino.co.uk
Jump to comments (3)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Having changed its name from Bath Street Pony thanks to legal intervention from a London bar operating under the same equine name, Palomino remains uncomplicated and relaxing, serving cocktails and a decent pre-theatre and lunch deal to office workers and groups of friends heading onwards or to the theatre. Tucked away at the bottom of Bath St, there’s a certain vulnerability about the location and it’s been through many changes over the years, but the current set up has focused on award-winning cocktails, while attention has recently turned to North American craft beer. The Italian spin on pub grub is illustrated best through the Mac Bar pastas, which are served in hot cast iron pans with intriguing combinations such as chicken chipotle or seafood – perfect for midweek dining before weekends attract the cocktail crowd.
- High point: Impressive spirits range
- Low point: Seating not suited to couples
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 18
- Private dining: Up to 80 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: soul, rock
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2009
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of The Bath Street Palomino./5 from RSS feed of these comments