Slumdog Bar & Kitchen
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 333 9933
- Bar open Mon–Sun 3–11pm
- Food served Mon–Sun 3–11pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 3–6.30pm
- Average price £18 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website www.kamasutrarestaurants.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Cocktails and curry seem somewhat incongruous, but when you taste the rose-flavoured Slumdog Millionaire, it remarkably works. Slumdog bar and kitchen, on Sauchiehall Street's student/teens strip, is more reminiscent of a style bar than an Indian restaurant. The menu is limited and the drinks options extensive, ensuring they're ready for a party crowd. Starters include Slumdog rolls – crispy parathas stuffed with lamb, chicken or cottage cheese and vegetables – while spring rolls, potato wedges and haggis pakora exemplify its fusion approach to Indian food. Continuing in this vein, the menu offers vegetable supreme curry and a 'kick ass' chicken kebab, alongside traditional dishes. The former combines peas, carrots, cauliflower and potato in a rich tomato-based sauce, topped with a charred chilli pepper. The latter is a mountain of sizzling chicken, peppers, mushrooms and onions, served with rice and a hot curry sauce. Kick ass it may be, but it's not too hot for the uninitiated. Staff are friendly and keen to ensure diners are comfortable throughout their visit.
- High point: With cocktails, private dining, and DJs, Slumdog is up for a party
- Low point: Devotees of Indian food may prefer a broader, more authentic menu
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- Private dining: 25 / 27
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: South Asian lounge music
- Capacity: 170
- Largest group: 150
- Open since: 2009
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Slumdog Bar & Kitchen./5 from RSS feed of these comments