- Telephone 0131 667 8870
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am.
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am. Extended in Fest
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 5–9pm; Fri noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Sat noon–10pm; Sun 12.30–9pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website thereverie.co.uk
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
Reverie's split-level set up gives visitors plenty of options. Tuck yourself into a comfy chair for some undisturbed peace and a pint, or watch the world go by perched up at the dining tables opposite the huge windows. The lunch menu is compact and well thought out: macaroni cheese and tasty home-made fishcakes are very reasonable at around a fiver a go, and the 'build your own burger' option means you can (theoretically) have it all, should you feel the need for beetroot, fried egg, goat's cheese and chilli under one bun. The evening menu is similarly concise but considered: a Borders ribeye steak and the ever-changing pie of the day being two rustic highlights. Throw in a few jazz and folk nights and you’ve got a solid all-rounder that can cover all bar options without too much fuss and a dash of sophistication.
- High point: The pie of the day
- Low point: A build-your-own burger can just get too ambitious
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soul, rock, folk, jazz mix
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 25
- Open since: 2008
- House wine: £14 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of The Reverie./5 from RSS feed of these comments