Tea Tree Tea
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 228 3100
- Food served Mon–Fri 7am–7pm; Sat/Sun 9am–7pm.
- Average price £5 (lunch)
- Website www.teatreetea.com
Jump to comments (4)
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
Bringing quality tea to the high street, Tea Tree Tea foregoes chintz and lengthy connoisseur lists to make tea accessible for all. Friendly staff readily offer up caddies for sniffing, and lists are broken down with simple descriptions to help you find a nice cuppa within minutes of walking in. Staff brew the tea for you, removing the leaf basket so you can avoid that stewed second cup, but leaving it on the side in case you prefer a stronger hit. The Ceylon Orange Pekoe has a rich, smoky, intoxicating taste, while Ti Kuan Yin from Taiwan offers up a pale green liquor with a mild, sweet flavour and notes of vanilla. A range of sandwiches includes the veggie haggis and cheese panini, a tasty mouthful that’s mealy, spicy, sweet and smooth. Among the cakes and bakes is a luminous pink raspberry muffin served hot and gooey. Meanwhile the standout cold drink is the trademarked Fricetea, a playful blend of green tea, ice and fruit syrup the consistency of a thick milkshake with sample flavours like Pina Colatea and Mango Chumtee.
- High point: Fine, fine tea
- Low point: A confusing ambience – studenty independent meets Starbucks wannabe
- Private dining: 20 (the basement – not completely private but available to hire for parties)
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Anything goes (radio, pop, rock, indie, retro)
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2008
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of Tea Tree Tea./5 from RSS feed of these comments