This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0131 554 5824
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 5–9pm; Fri–Sun noon–9pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Website www.guiltylily.co.uk
Jump to comments (11)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
From the rockabilly music coming over the speakers to the ‘50s movie posters and cheesecake burlesque shots decorating the walls, Guilty Lily proves to be a bar of welcoming and slightly saucy character. Its success as a local boozer has been built on this reputation, as well as a variety of weekly events (a quiz on Monday, live music every Saturday and themed food nights including Mexican Wednesdays, steak on Saturday and a popular Sunday roast), while the food is above-average pub fare. Expect a daily soup along the lines of a thick, rich cream of cauliflower, a bunch of quick and modestly priced pasta dishes and larger snacks including nachos and deep-fried camembert, while a well-done, Cajun-spiced chicken fillet served with goat’s cheese on a bun is a hearty treat.
- High point: A loveable local with real personality.
- Low point: The food is the least attention-grabbing thing on offer.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rockabilly, surf guitar, country
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 25
- Open since: 2008
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 10 reviews of Guilty Lily./5 from RSS feed of these comments