- Telephone 0131 226 2982
- Food served Mon–Fri 9am–6pm; Sat 9am–6pm; Sun 11am–6pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch)
- Website www.eteaket.co.uk
Jump to comments (7)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Opened in 2008 to address the apparent absence of a good cuppa in the city, Eteaket has carved itself a niche in the market. An impressive tea menu includes the exotic Pu-erh Mini Tuo Cha – favoured by celebrities – and Jasmine Chun Hao, alongside more commonplace Scottish Breakfast and Earl Grey. The owners have also developed a growing online business and supply tea to leading restaurants in Edinburgh and London. Eteaket is a venue for cocktail nights, tea-tasting evenings and even a tealeaf reader. Food is functional rather than spectacular: a tea and toast special is a popular way to start the day, and lunchtime brings offerings such as soup and a half sandwich or toasted croissants and ciabattas with various fillings. Afternoon tea features sandwiches, scones and an impressive selection of mini cakes – an ideal excuse to take a break from shopping in nearby George Street.
- High point: Guaranteed a good cup of tea
- Low point: Food prices reflect the city-centre location
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: A chilled-out selection
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2008
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 6 reviews of eteaket./5 from RSS feed of these comments