- Telephone 0131 629 3727
- Opening times Mon–Wed 8am–8pm; Thu/Fri 8am–9pm; Sat 9am–7pm; Sun 10am–6pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8.30am–9pm; Sat 9am–9pm; Sun 10am–9pm
- Average price £10 (lunch); £10 (evening meal)
- Website www.caferenroc.co.uk
Jump to comments (8)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Under new owner Pelham Hill, Café Renroc has been redesigned into a welcoming destination for the Hillside set. The ground floor and basement bistro has a European feel, with wood panelling, Czech beer on tap and a smorgasbord of pastries to wolf down with the coffee. For those needing more, breakfasts are served all day with various options, and lunches include pasta and risotto, and a standout steak ciabatta loaded with salad and generous pile of sautéed potatoes. The evening openings deliver as much in the cosy confines at a reasonable rate. It’s a place for a good meal as much as a quick coffee or a pint. You'll be welcomed by name after a few visits, but will feel like a regular before you’ve paid your first check.
- High point: A friendly local concentrating on quality food
- Low point: Busy at the weekends so book ahead
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mellow classic rock
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2006 (2012 under new ownership)
- House wine: £13 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 5 reviews of Café Renroc./5 from RSS feed of these comments