Charleton Fruit Farm
- Telephone 01674 830226
- Opening times Apr–Jun: Mon–Sun 10.30am–4.30pm; Jul–Sep: Mon–Sun 9am–5pm; Oct–Dec: 10.30am–4.30pm
- Seasonal times Closed 1–24 Nov 2014, and from 21 Dec 2014–Apr 2015.
- Food served Breakfast 10–noon; Lunch 11am–4pm
- Average price £9 (lunch)
- Website www.charleton-farm.co.uk
Although the shop stocks gifts, the main selling point at Charleton is the fruit, vegetables, and preserves that the farm produces, from berries and currants to tree fruit, asparagus and pumpkins. The café is cleverly divided into areas for adults wanting a peaceful light lunch or cake and one more for families with sofas and an inside toy area. This set-up is similar outside with family seating in an enclosed play area. The café uses much of the produce on the farm, incorporated into seasonal salads, chutneys and preserves or in cakes and puddings – some gluten-free.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
Reviews & features
Berry good: the rise of the raspberry in Scotland, and the best places to pick your own1 May 2009
David Pollock goes by Glen Clova and Glen Ample to discover why raspberries are Scotland’s superberry.