Charleton Fruit Farm
- Telephone 01674 830226
- Opening times Apr–Jun: Mon–Sun 10.30am–4.30pm; Jul–Sep: Mon–Sun 9am–5pm; Oct–Dec: 10.30am–4.30pm
- Seasonal times Closed 1–24 Nov 2014, and from 21 Dec 2014–Apr 2015.
- Food served Breakfast 10–noon; Lunch 11am–4pm
- Average price £9 (lunch)
- Website www.charleton-farm.co.uk
A family fruit farm with a produce and gift shop and café one mile north of Montrose, Charleton sells pick-your-own and a great variety of fresh soft fruit, as well as potatoes, six varieties of home-grown asparagus, plus home-made preserves and chutneys. It is popular with families thanks to the large outdoor and small indoor play areas, and good coffee and light lunches are available from the café, including kids' menus and the recently added afternoon tea with sandwiches, fruit scones, tray bakes and tea for just under £10. Gluten-free cakes are also available.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
Reviews & features
Berry good: the rise of the raspberry in Scotland, and the best places to pick your own1 May 2009
David Pollock goes by Glen Clova and Glen Ample to discover why raspberries are Scotland’s superberry.