The Bakehouse Co.
- Telephone 0131 557 1157
- Food served Mon–Fri 7.30am–5pm; Sat/Sun 10.30am–5pm
- Average price £4.50 (set lunch)
- Website www.thebakehousecompany.co.uk
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
With its 1930s bare brickwork feel, right down to the furniture, bread draws and chalkboard menus, this café is more about sitting and taking your time over the freshly made seasonal menu and Artisan Roast coffee than it is about swiping a hit of caffeine for the road. Daily specials and stews made on site means an ever-changing menu but the breads and scones remain constant and consistent. Try the fresh batch cheese or fruit scones with a mid-morning break and watch the bustle of Broughton Street in comfort, or pop in for the daily deals available on the website.
- High point: Classic décor right down to the antique milk jugs
- Low point: A touch too quiet for some
- Delivery: Locally
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz
- Capacity: 24
- Largest group: 8
- Open since: 2008
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of The Bakehouse Co../5 from RSS feed of these comments