Guy's Restaurant & Bar
- Telephone 0141 552 1114
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30–10pm.
- Bar open Tue–-Sat noon-–1am; Sun 12.30pm-–midnight. Closed Mon.
- Food served Tue–Thu noon–-10.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–-11.30pm; Sun 12.30–-9.30pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Thu 5–9pm; Fri–Sat 5–6.30pm; Sun 5–9pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £28 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.guysrestaurant.co.uk
Jump to comments (28)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Set in the heart of Candleriggs, Guy's is an unusual find, it has the feeling of a place where something extraordinary could happen. Eclectic décor reflecting the owners fun-loving tastes – film posters, white wood paneling hung with paintings, china plates, lights made out of bowler hats and a witch-like model of a woman perched on the ceiling of the bar. It's all a bit Alice in Wonderland. The menu would do any Mad Hatter proud and is surprisingly extensive. It is international, and very meat-orientated. Starters include hand rolled sushi consisting of spicy tuna and scallops, with pickled ginger, presented on a raised wooden board. It's as good as you'd find in Tokyo. A saddle of French reared meat is served on a bed of braised cabbage and pungent porcini mushrooms. It is extraordinary – soft flaky meat in a tart lemon, creamy Pernod-rich sauce. A less stellar alternative is wild Highland venison fillet, pink in the middle and served with subtle orange teriyaki sauce and steaming spicy puy lentils. Food good enough to lose your head over.
- High point: Wide ranging menu so regulars can't get bored
- Low point: Coats left to hang on back of chairs
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: David Bowie
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £15.65 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 8 reviews of Guy's Restaurant & Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments