- Telephone 0131 228 4543
- Opening times Mon–Sun 4pm–1am
- Bar open Mon–Sun 4pm–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 4–9pm (pizza delivery)
- Website www.dragonflycocktailbar.com
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Dragonfly is stylishly relaxed with a kick of kitsch providing character – a description that applies to the drinks, decor and general feel of the place. Kung fu stencilled walls and purple prints are enjoyably diverting rather than distractingly ironic, as is the hip-hop and dub soundtrack. Cocktails are generally imaginative, bold but well balanced, as in the sweet and bitter combination of a Guinness daiquiri. It may be just up the hill from the Grassmarket but this is somewhere to come for a good drink rather than to get raucously drunk. Here you’ll find absinthe used to add a subtle herbal note to the apple and bourbon in a Marty McFly cocktail, for example. And if you fancy staying a bit longer you can even intersperse the drinks with a pizza delivered from Mamma’s down the road.
- High point: Good cocktails, good music and a relaxed atmosphere
- Low point: Standing room only at weekends
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- Private dining: Up to 70 covers
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic mix of hip hop, soul, electro, funk and jazz
- Capacity: 189
- Open since: 2005
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Tom Webb's Wedding
Tom wants to get married – never mind whether or not he's got a wife. Critically acclaimed ramblings about romance, cake, love, joy and all that jazz.