- Telephone 0141 550 0135
- Bar open Mon–-Thu 11am–-11pm; Fri/Sat 11am–-midnight; Sun 12.30–-11pm.
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–9pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu 5pm–7pm
- Average price £14.95 (set lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.westbeer.com
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
New breweries are springing-up across Scotland amid the craft beer revolution, but the country’s only German-style microbrewery sits apart from that trend, by drawing its inspiration from centuries-old Bavarian traditions. WEST can be found in most good bars in Glasgow and beyond, but for purity of experience to match their dedication to the Reinheitsgebot German brewing purity law, best get down to the Munich-style beer hall/garden and restaurant at WEST’s spectacular Templeton Building HQ. The hearty Bavaria-by-way-of-Scotland food sees St. Mungo lager-battered fish and chips meet jäger schnitzel, or a special none-more-Deutsch-than currywurst. Situated by Glasgow Green, on a typically busy weekend the place heaves with all from families and dog-walkers to beer lovers clinking frothy pints of staples such as Hefeweizen and Munich Red or seasonal brews à la Wild West golden lager and WEST Black stout.
- High point: Hiccup … the beer maybe?
- Low point: Slightly out-of-the-way location
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- Private dining: Up to 64 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 250
- Largest group: 250
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 4 reviews of WEST Brewery./5 from RSS feed of these comments