Church on the Hill
- Telephone 0141 636 9171
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30–midnight
- Food served Sun–Sat noon–10pm
- Average price £8.45 (set lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Website www.churchonthehill.co.uk
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
For someone who’s never seen it before, the Church on the Hill is pretty stunning – a refurbished church that looks like the Parthenon in Greece, facing on to Queen’s Park. It really is a lovely venue, and very popular with a cross-section of Southsiders, from families through to a rather more boisterous crowd in the evening. Lots of flat screen TVs with good vantage points, and a well-stocked bar aimed at the pre-club crowd (with lots of promotions) keep the masses happy. The back section is for eating, doing some mainstream meat and fish dishes (fillet of seabass, chicken supreme) alongside the more popular pastas (of which, king prawn and chorizo linguine has a nice light, pulpy sauce) and good old burgers (including a lamb one), which are nicely priced and well-presented. A worthy alternative to Shawlands, especially in the summer.
- High point: Fantastic building
- Low point: Rowdy and crowdy in the evenings
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access