The Ben Nevis
- Telephone 0141 576 5204
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–5pm.
- Website www.thebennevis.co.uk
Jump to or comments (6)
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
It could be the glowing fire or the island malt but ten minutes here and you feel the warm glow it usually takes a ramble across the glen to earn. Somewhat like being in the front room of a long lost relative, there’s much to enjoy from the extensive range of malts to real ales old and new. The locally brewed West Red is well-suited to tables smoothed by years of gatherings and the gentle hubbub of conversation in this cosy space. Whisky lovers will savour specialist offerings but it’s more than just a destination for a dram. La Hechicera rum is soaked in molasses and tropical sweetness, illustrating the quality throughout the bar and its ability to surprise underneath the familiar exterior. Live Celtic music sessions pick up the pace and it’s easy to see why, despite being in a hip neighbourhood, some things never go out of fashion.
- High point: Feels like wandering into the start of a good party
- Low point: Offering Scottish nibbles could make a good thing great
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Traditional Scottish Folk music
- Live entertainment: Sun, Wed, Thu 9pm–midnight live scottish sessions, traditional folk music
- Capacity: 60
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 2 reviews of The Ben Nevis./5 from RSS feed of these comments