The Ben Nevis
- Telephone 0141 576 5204
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–5pm.
- Website www.thebennevis.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2014) edition.
Taking pride of place on the corner of the lively Finnieston area, the Ben Nevis is home to an outstanding range of whiskies alongside some interesting rums and beers. Once inside, it’s easy to imagine you have stepped into a pub deep in the Scottish mountains with conversation flowing between jolly locals and walkers who have stopped in for a top-up. The authentic Scottish Folk music sets a relaxed and friendly tone, and the fire burns quietly in the corner – all that’s needed is to arm yourself with a good Scottish dram to put some warmth in your chest. Whisky lovers will appreciate the range selected from all corners of the country, but those who prefer a pint will be easily satisfied with the variety of ales from local breweries.
- High point: Range of whiskies
- Low point: Some simple nibbles would entice some to stay longer
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Traditional Scottish Folk music
- Live entertainment: Sun, Wed, Thu 9pm–midnight live scottish sessions, traditional folk music
- Capacity: 60
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 2 reviews of The Ben Nevis./5 from RSS feed of these comments