- Box office 0141 357 5454
- General enquiries 0141 337 3006
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Bar open Mon–-Sun noon-–midnight.
- Food served Sun–-Thu noon-–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–9pm.
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £13.50 (evening meal)
- Website distillbar.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Until recently called the Ivy, Distill's new name hasn't changed it from being a haunt for the hip, with a young cool crowd attracted to a fashionable part of the city. The range of rums is the widest in Scotland and the house rum is the excellent Venezuelan Diplomatico. The extensive cocktail menu offers creative twists on familiar names including daiquiris, while tequila cocktails such as the Verdita get the atmosphere buzzing. With the manager himself a DJ, the standard of music is unsurprisingly high and live DJs Thursday to Sunday are drawn from underground club nights and record labels in the city. A compact menu offers standard burgers and pizzas but with the proviso that everything from the buns to the dough is made fresh on the premises. A different name perhaps, but still a good choice for music lovers, stylistas and hedonists.
- High point: Great music washed down with quality rum
- Low point: Chips don't match the quality burger
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Gentle soul in daytime; Hip Hop/Electro/Disco at night
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 16
- Open since: 2012
- House wine: £12 per bottle
Reviews & features
Valentine's Day - where to take your date3 Feb 2012
Some seductive suggestions for what to do on or around February 14th
Experience a May-December relationship ... or at least, vicariously experience someone else’s. Among the several films the Glasgow Film Theatre are screening to get you into the Valentines spirit on 14 Feb (including Brief Encounter and French…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 2 reviews of Distill./5 from RSS feed of these comments