Hard Rock Café
- Telephone 0131 260 3000
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–11.30pm
- Average price £23 (lunch); £23 (evening meal)
- Website www.hardrock.com
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Some restaurants are all about the expectation game. Launched in London over 40 years ago, the Hard Rock has since exported its rather cookie cutter approach all over the world, but should you go in expecting generous portions of decent, if rather uninspired, 'Southern' style American cooking served to a blaring rock soundtrack there is plenty to enjoy. A big point is made of the on-site smoker and the hickory-smoked chicken wings are tasty, though even the 'Heavy-Metal' extra spicy version could do with more punch. Also from the smoker is the pulled pork sandwich, a rich if slightly sweet take on this southern staple. The extensive list of burgers is based around a hearty 10oz patty, although it is the well seasoned, crisp, fries that stand out. Unfortunately both dishes are let down by the buns which are slightly undersized and overwhelmed by their fillings. The staff and walls alike are festooned with rock memorabilia and while the high octane American-style service sounds a little odd in a Scottish accent, but it's undeniably slick.
- High point: Cracking, crispy french fries
- Low point: Ducking out of the way as tourists photograph the memorabilia.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Rock from the 70's onwards
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 1998
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Hard Rock Café./5 from RSS feed of these comments