99 Hanover Street
- Telephone 0131 225 8200
- Bar open Mon–Thu 4pm–1am; Fri 3pm–1am; Sat noon–1am; Sun 5pm–1am.
- Website www.99hanoverstreet.com
Jump to comments (7)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Emerging from a complete refurbishment as we went to press in spring 2013, 99 Hanover Street has gone out of its way to grab the attention in elegant and dignified style amid the often gaudy city-centre bars. Catering to an intensely fashionable young crowd, the interior – all high ceilings and exposed brickwork – offers an impressive canvas on which to paint some striking dark gothic flourishes, from the ornate light fittings and chandeliers to the DJ booth (there’s a clubby live soundtrack seven nights a week) made out of an old piano. The drinks selection is impressive, featuring 350 spirit lines and 30 cocktails – the latter featuring five daily choices sold in bespoke 250ml grass bottles for £5 – as well as a wine of the week which is very reasonably priced at £10 a bottle.
- High point: A gorgeous pub to match its clientele
- Low point: Sadly no food
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Wheelchair access, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pre-club DJs in the evening
- Capacity: 180
- Largest group: 180
- Open since: 2006
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 5 reviews of 99 Hanover Street./5 from RSS feed of these comments