- Telephone 0131 225 1550
- Opening times Mon–Thu 8am–11pm; Fri/Sat 8am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm
- Bar open Mon–Fri 7.30am–midnight; Sat 9am–midnight; Sun 9am–10pm.
- Food served Mon–Thu 7.30am–10pm; Fri 7.30am–11pm; Sat 8am–11pm; Sun 9am–9pm. [Extended in Festival].
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Fri noon–7pm
- Average price £14.95 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.95
- Website www.centotre.com
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
The pillars holding aloft the Georgian ceiling at Centotre and clever use of booths provide nooks and crannies for romantic tete-a-tetes and broader spaces for parties and business lunches. There is a clear focus on the ingredients here: mozzarella, tomatoes and other delicacies are delivered from Italy once a week. Service starts with breakfast at 7.30am, where bacon rolls are a staple, and a good selection of sweet treats like a well-spiced carrot cake are available during the day for those who want to pop in for a good strong cup of Arabica coffee. Lunch and dinner provide a broad Italian mix. Antipasti plates are typical, but mains have real character: the contadino orecchiette with fennel-flavoured sausage and creamy mushrooms feels like it should be eaten on a hillside in Tuscany, while meat dishes like the veal with spaghettini arrabbiata could come straight from the streets of Milan. Quality service, a well-stocked, well-priced wine list and separate vegetarian and children’s menus all add to the feeling that you are being looked after.
- High point: Great service that remembers the small things
- Low point: Sometimes tries to be all things to all people
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 30
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Big band classics
- Capacity: 100 plus 26 downstairs (also 15 in bar - no reservations)
- Largest group: 120
- Open since: 2004
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Neuro Linguistic Programming Workshop
Rebecca Bonnington leads this session on Neuro Linguistic Programming, which is constructed to help improve your communication skills and self-confidence.
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 12 reviews of Centotre./5 from RSS feed of these comments