Barça Tapas and Cava Bar
- Telephone 0141 248 6555
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–12pm.
- Food served Sun–Wed noon–10pm; Thu–Sat noon–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Fri noon–6pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website www.barcatapas.co.uk
Jump to comments (7)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Tapas eating can fit into a shopping expedition like few other culinary styles – it’s restorative, flexible and convivial, and rarely too heavy or time-consuming. So Barça’s location in Princes Square makes a lot of sense, and after eight years it ranks as a veteran in the rapidly changing list of bars, restaurants and cafés in Glasgow’s most up-market shopping centre. Most dishes here are simple classics that depend on quality materials, and chorizo cooked in Rioja, wild mushrooms with garlic and (quite fiery) patatas bravas are better-than-average renditions of the standards. There’s more ambition in dishes like a Basque-style crab casserole and delectably tender, slow-cooked pork cheeks, while flabby prawn tortillitas miss the mark a little. The bill for tapas (and cocktails from a long and seductive list) can mount up surprisingly quickly, but a two-course lunch and early dining deal at less than a tenner is very good value for food of this quality. An enterprising approach to promotions and events includes cocktail masterclasses and regular salsa evenings.
- High point: Well-sourced Spanish ingredients, simply prepared
- Low point: Dining in a shopping centre
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 13
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Latin jazz and Spanish ambient beats
- Capacity: 200
- Largest group: 150
- Open since: 2005
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 4 reviews of Barça Tapas and Cava Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments