The Waverley Tea Room
- Telephone 0141 616 6818
- Opening times Sun–Thu noon–12.30am; Fri/Sat noon–3am
- Bar open Sun–Thu 11am–1am; Fri/Sat 11am–2am.
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm.
- Average price £10.99 (not Sat); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.socialanimal.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
With facilities as wide ranging as its menu, the Waverley offers something for everyone – a kids soft play area, a pleasant and popular al fresco layout for those rare days when the weather obliges, DJs at weekends and an extensive à la carte menu bolstered by set specials, afternoon tea and Sunday roasts. The long, narrow conservatory along the frontage is bright and light, contrasting with the cosy dark wood interior in the main bar. The kitchen is undergoing changes this year as the three-year partnership with Michael Kilkie has come to an end and a new chef and shorter menu will be introduced, retaining deserved favourites like burgers and macaroni cheese along with more adventurous options. This state of flux is evident in the occasional over-stretched skeleton staff unfamiliar with the lengthy menu; though hopefully smoother times lay ahead.
- High point: Burgers taste as good as they smell
- Low point: Nice staff, but not enough of them
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy-listening rock, pop and soul
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2005
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Neighbourhood Watch: Shawlands, Glasgow25 Aug 2011
What’s it like? The unofficial hub of the Southside. Young, bustling and almost completely tenement-bound, packed with pizza places, big bars and some excellent independent shopping, Shawlands also benefits from proximity to the lovely space of Queen’s…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 3 reviews of The Waverley Tea Room./5 from RSS feed of these comments