Forth Floor Brasserie
- Telephone 0131 524 8350
- Opening times Mon 10am–6pm; Tue/Wed 10am–11pm; Thu–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 11am–6pm
- Bar open Mon 10am–6pm; Tue/Wed 10am–11pm; Thu–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun 12.30–6pm.
- Food served Mon 10am–5pm; Tue–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 11am–5pm.
- Average price £17 (lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Website www.harveynichols.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
The bar and bistro arm of department store Harvey Nichols is a predictably chic operation, bristling with shiny surfaces, chameleonic lighting and designer furniture. What makes the space particularly alluring though is one of the best skyline views in Edinburgh. Executive chef Stuart Muir has created modern and informal brasserie menus that work well for the ebb and flow of shoppers and diners arriving throughout the day. Expect an eclectic mix of options such as chicken liver parfait with toast and chutney, Asian pork belly salad or brisket and champ, alongside a seafood bar and tapas menu. A starter of curried vegetable scotch egg could do with more oomph in the spicing, while a main of calf’s liver with crushed potatoes sees the liver cooked perfectly pink. A brownie with espresso cream is rich and gooey and provides a good hit of cocoa to finish off. The drinks list, with thoughtfully chosen wines and an excellent range of well-crafted cocktails, is definitely a highlight, especially served alongside that fabulous view.
- High point: Sex and the City style sundowners on the terrace don't come much better
- Low point: Seafood bar looks a little sad when not brimming with briny delights
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 25
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop, funk & ambient beats
- Capacity: 88 (Additional 20 on terrace in summer.)
- Largest group: 20 for à la carte menu. The entire floor (120-140) could be used for a set menu
- Open since: 2002
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Forth Floor Brasserie./5 from RSS feed of these comments