- Box office 0141 331 1777
- General enquiries 0141 331 1777
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–2am; Fri/Sat noon–3am; Sun 12.30pm–2am
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–2am; Fri/Sat noon–3am; Sun 12.30pm–2am
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9pm; Sun 12.30pm–9pm
- Average price £11 (lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Website www.moskitoglasgow.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Situated on a corner of Bath St, Moskito has watched neighbours come and go for 13 years while managing to retain its customer base of twenty-somethings. Subtle changes have taken place over the years – expanding in size, while obtaining a late licence are moves that have paid off. Despite its low-lit interior not changing much over time, it remains remarkably fashionable, with tall booths offering privacy, open spaces for late-night revelry and an area of pool tables. The menu has recently changed, with sandwiches, salads and flatbreads helping it compete with the City Centre’s assembly of lunchtime spots. There’s real depth to the main dishes, from what just might be the best bowl of nachos in the city, to chilli that’s smoky up front, before delivering a vibrant kick. Burgers are exquisite, presented on wooden boards, in loaded brioche buns, with meat still pinkish, but charred enough to provide a barbecue-style crunch. Perfect for eating in the outdoor space on those rare sunny days.
- High point: Bountiful bowls of nachos
- Low point: Booths fill up quickly
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Alt.country & electronic ambient, picking up to more upbeat stuff in evenings.
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2000
- House wine: £14.95; Sun–Wed £9.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Moskito./5 from RSS feed of these comments