Republic Bier Halle
- Box office 0141 204 0706
- General enquiries 0141 204 0706
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–10pm; Sun 12.30–10pm.
- Average price £5.50 (set lunch); £10 (evening meal)
- Website www.republicbierhalle.com
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Can’t wait until Oktoberfest? Dependable like man’s best friend, Bier Halle rounds up a beer celebration every day. It’s the stalwart of good City Centre drinking dens – bare stone walls, chunky wooden benches and blocks, yet a warm and communal underground oasis to escape the hustle and bustle above ground. With incense and ear-candy filing the air and over 70 international beers at your taste buds, it’s easy to get lost in time. New menu will satisfy the hungriest of palates including omnipresent deals: messy but delicious 2-for-1 stonebaked pizzas, free bratwurst hotdog with 2-pint beer stein, artisan meat and cheese sharing boards and mezze-style titbits. No need for dessert when liquid nectar such as the sweet, dark and nutty Leffe Bruin is to hand. Tables at street level when the sun shines and a large private back room for hire widen the appeal further.
- High point: Good beer, cheer and tasty food to soak it all up
- Low point: WiFi fail and ubiquitous fruit fly
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- Private dining: Up to 50 covers
- Provides: Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: chillout/indie/electronica/dubstep beats
- Capacity: 250
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 1999
- House wine: £15.85 (litre) per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Republic Bier Halle./5 from RSS feed of these comments