- Box office 0131 556 4272
- General enquiries 0131 556 4272
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am. Extended in Festival
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9pm; Sun 12.30–9pm (bar snacks, Sun–Thu 9pm–midnight)
- Average price £11 (lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Website www.thestreetbaredinburgh.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Floor-to-ceiling windows lend the top deck of this popular nightspot a slightly aquarium feel, while those wishing to lurk with the monkfish have plenty of options in the labyrinthine space downstairs, which can be hired out for private parties and has far more of a clubber’s vibe, especially on the heavily subscribed DJ-led weekend extravaganzas, when its nooks and crannies are regularly packed to the gunwales. Mid-week or mid-afternoon it’s an altogether different proposition and not a bad place for a quiet pint and a burger, although there’s always the potential that the world will be watching you while you watch the world go by.
- High point: Lively, flamboyant pre-club scene
- Low point: More appealing of an evening
A trendy & popular mixed bar with friendly staff. By day the glass front makes it an ideal place to relax with a coffee & people watch, whilst at night it attracts a livelier crowd with a buzzing atmosphere.
The Street is a venue over two floors, for eating, drinking & dancing with outdoor heated smoking areas on both levels. We are open until 1am daily. Full menu is served until 9pm & snacks are available until midnight Sunday to Thursday. We serve a premium selection of beers, wines & spirits, plus an extensive cocktail list. Drink promos are available.
A hectic schedule of entertainment ensues every week. On Wednesdays The Pub Quiz rules at 9pm with prizes ranging from a bundle of cash to remote control helicopters. Thursday nights is "Quality Street" with DJs Honky Tonk & Monkey Baz playing every flavour in the box. Then there's dancing in The Street every Friday with DJ Trendy Wendy & Saturdays bring a selection of Edinburgh's finest pre-club parties & Djs. Downstairs area is available for private hire subject to availability.
Text supplied by third party.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Private dining: Up to 100 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chart hits; funk/house/hip hop.
- Capacity: 240; 120 seated
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 2004
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Street-Wize – Pub Quiz
Free weekly pub quiz with 'Bingo Break Time' and roll-over cash jackpot, hosted by Just Gordon.
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 4 reviews of The Street./5 from RSS feed of these comments