The Shore Bar & Restaurant
- Telephone 0131 553 5080
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–12.30am.
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–10.30pm; Sun 12.30–10.30pm.
- Average price £22 (lunch); £22 (evening meal)
- Website www.fishersbistros.co.uk
Jump to comments (3)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Open fires, dark wood, animal skulls and white linen all conspire by candlelight to create a delightfully atmospheric haven by the water. An olden-days maritime feel pervades, with more than a little bohemian flavour, setting the Shore Bar and Restaurant distinctly apart from its neighbours. Regular live folk and jazz feature in the bar, where an informal menu includes excellent fish and chips, sharing platters and bar snacks. Next door in the elegant dining room, more refined (and accordingly priced) food is on offer. The creativity and calibre of the kitchen shines in a lovely starter of tempura haddock that sees crisp pieces of battered fish paired with gently curried parsnip and zippy ribbons of pickled carrot. Equally good is a main course of braised ox cheek that marries spoon-tender meat with snails, pearl barley and rich gravy. Puddings such as a classic treacle tart are given no less care. The Shore Bar and Restaurant accomplishes that rare thing: a successful coming together of lovely location, convivial atmosphere and good food.
- High point: Sitting outside on a summer evening with cold white wine and oysters
- Low point: The cat’s out of the bag – it can get very busy, especially in the bar
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- Private dining: Up to 32 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 32
- Largest group: 32
- Open since: 1983
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of The Shore Bar & Restaurant./5 from RSS feed of these comments