The Living Room
- Telephone 0141 229 0607
- Opening times Mon/Tue 11am–1am; Wed–Sat 11am–3am; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–2am.
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–10pm; Fri/Sat noon–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 3pm–7pm
- Average price £12 (lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website www.thelivingroom.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Weekends at this popular bar and diner feature live music and even a regular magician – helping to create a lively infectious buzz that is easy to get caught up in. Couples and groups are seated in leather booths, helping to break up the restaurant space and injecting some intimacy, while the busy waiters flit around with efficient pleasantness. The large menu includes starters ranging from mussels and chicken liver parfait to Thai fish-cakes and risotto. Although the pan-fried chorizo is rather rubbery, the beer-battered prawns are a success. The varied mains include steaks, burgers, lasagne, and a rack of lamb. The tandoori sea bass is enjoyable, but lacks the layers of spice you’d get in an Indian restaurant. Similarly the Thai green curry was good, but without the complex flavours of an authentic preparation. Chocolate and salted caramel tart is a gratifying finale. It’s called the living room and not the dining room for a reason it seems – it's not all about the food here, it’s as much about a fun, entertaining night out, and that's exactly what is delivered.
- High point: Weekend party vibe
- Low point: Some disappointing dishes
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 22
- Private dining: Up to 20
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Funk/pop/light background
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 150
- Open since: 2004
- House wine: £14.15 per bottle
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Friday Night Social
Friday night after-work wind down with cocktail masterclasses and live music.
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of The Living Room./5 from RSS feed of these comments