- Box office 0141 552 5211
- General enquiries 0141 552 5211
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–5pm; Sun 12.30–5pm.
- Average price £11.50 (lunch); £11.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.bar91.co.uk
Jump to comments (5)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Nestled in the heart of Glasgow’s Merchant City, Bar 91 provides a considerably more casual setting in an area of the city known for its focus on high-end style. Situated down the cobbles, directly across from the beautiful City Halls, it offers a friendly, minimally styled atmosphere; the perfect mix of traditional pub hospitality and modern-day speakeasy charm. The menu also adopts a quick ‘n’ easy take on contemporary pub grub without skimping on quality or indeed, taste. Leading the charge are the in-house burgers, with each succulent hand-shaped patty crammed between tantalising mounds of toppings being enough to warrant repeated visits on its own. By comparison, the pizzas fall a little short with a flaky, brittle dough style, but the vast selection of chilled continental beers and locally sourced drafts make this the perfect place for a quiet pint, with its outdoor seating area truly coming to life in the summer.
- High point: Easy-going appeal; sunny days
- Low point: Pizzas in the burgers' shadow
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Ambient-dance/indie
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 15
- Open since: 1994
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 3 reviews of Bar 91./5 from RSS feed of these comments