Mums Great Comfort Food
- Telephone 0131 260 9806
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–10pm, Sun 10am–10pm.
- Average price £10 (lunch); £10 (evening meal)
- Website www.mumsgreatcomfortfood.co.uk
Jump to comments (5)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Had a bad day? Busy day? Feeling stressed, down-hearted or just plain hungry? Then make your way to Forrest Road for a big hug in the form of Mums Comfort Food. In a setting somewhere between American diner and British caff – complete with ceramic ducks on the wall – the menu is packed with all the British classics you could hope to find, including steak pie, burgers, macaroni cheese and sausages. Specials always include a veggie sausage of the day, served with your choice of mash and gravy. For anyone other than Desperate Dan the steak and ale pie should be considered a two-person feast, so take that into account if you were hoping to fit in dessert. Crumble of the day features seasonal fruits and comes with a jug of hot custard to up the comfort factor an extra notch. With service brisk and super-friendly, there is nothing pretentious about this place; it’s just welcoming, cosy and serves up the kind of food your soul craves every now and then. Just like your mum’s kitchen.
- High point: 16 varieties of mash to choose from
- Low point: What happened to the apostrophe?
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: 60s/70s/80s
- Capacity: 48
- Largest group: 48
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 5 reviews of Mums Great Comfort Food./5 from RSS feed of these comments