- Telephone 0141 404 2690
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–11pm; Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Average price £7.50 (set lunch); £17.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.jamiesitalian.com
Jump to comments (4)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
With a menu that carries as many superlatives as it does dishes, the proprietor’s personality is evident throughout Glasgow’s take on what is now part of a global chain. The vast ground-floor area is usually packed, providing a warm atmosphere while the basement bar offers an opportunity to try a cocktail and snack before dinner. A range of ‘planks’ to share taste as impressive as they look and while some may be disappointed by the lack of pizzas, the clever twists on Italian classics are inventive. These include a creamy, chunky crab risotto and a wild rabbit tagliolini. Meat dishes are plentiful, from burgers to meatballs – but for something unusual, the fillet of fish baked in a bag with clams, chilli and cracked wheat is fresh and tangy and lingers on the palate. Okay, the rustic interior does feel as if it’s been forced just a little but it nails the intended modern Italian vibe – supplemented by a new deli store next to the open kitchen. Jamie’s aims for style and substance – and wins on both counts.
- High point: Sharing planks taste as good as they look
- Low point: Service a little slow between courses
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 18
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Capacity: 257
- Largest group: 16
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £16.45 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 4 reviews of Jamie’s Italian./5 from RSS feed of these comments