- Telephone 0131 341 1771
- Food served Sun/Mon 11.30am–5.30pm; Tue–Sat 11.30am–9pm.
- Average price £13.50 (lunch); £13.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.yosushi.com
Jump to comments (3)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Yo! Sushi shares a fourth floor location with Harvey Nichols’ up-market brasserie and food market. Diners gather round to watch industrious sushi chefs conjure up miniature plates of magic for the revolving conveyor belt. The eight colour-coded plates range from green (£1.70) up to yellow (£6.00). Green plates are simple dishes like salted edemame beans or sweet omelette nigiri, whereas yellow ones are more luxurious. The scallop katsu, for instance, consists of three plump scallops fried in panko breadcrumbs served with wasabi mayonnaise – think posh scampi! The menu offers a good selection of salads, sushi, and sashimi, as well as many hot dishes. You can snatch plates from the belt or order from the waiter using the convenient buzzer. For an interesting dessert try the mochi, a soft Japanese cake made using sticky rice flour, available with sweet adzuki bean paste or gooey chocolate fillings.
- High point: High quality conveyor belt sushi at its best
- Low point: Ambience is slightly ‘airport departure lounge’
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Harvey Nicks' type muzak
- Capacity: 64
- Largest group: 64
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £14.40 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of Yo! Sushi./5 from RSS feed of these comments