La Tea Doh
- Telephone 0141 424 3224
- Food served Mon–Sat 8am–5pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £7 (lunch)
- Typical order Chicken slicker sandwich with bacon and mustard mayo (£3.10)
- Website www.lateadoh.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Successful cafés anticipate the needs of their customers. This established Pollokshields sandwich bar with its focused and responsive approach attracts a steady stream throughout the day. Sandwiches using Newlands Bakery breads include moist warm and delicious toasted goat’s cheese and pickle paninis or focaccia with roast chicken and roasted vegetables. French toast with maple syrup complements the Parisian-style outside heater and Dianne Pert, the owner and day to day manager, ensures that the café maintains its reputation for fast service and high quality. An unusual feature is the well-stocked gourmet gift section with Clipper and Pukka teas and Cottage Delight jams and chutneys on offer as well as a selection of vinegars, sweets and cheeses. There is even a rack of excellent greetings cards to tempt gift shoppers to buy another coffee and browse.
- High point: Outdoor area with Parisian-style heater
- Low point: When it rains, indoors can get cramped
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Radio - jazz and ambient music
- Capacity: 7 (plus 6 outside)
- Open since: 1997