Boteco do Brasil
- Telephone 07772 847311
- Bar open Sun–Sat 11am–3am.
- Food served Sun–Wed 11am–10pm; Thu–Sat 11am–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times 5–7.30pm Mon–Sat
- Average price £5 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £8.95
- Website www.botecodobrasil.com
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Boteco’s brightly coloured and dishevelled appearance is entirely in keeping with the sort of place it is. Samba music plays and Brazilian staff dance and laugh behind the bar. And like Brazil, famed for its melting pot of races and nations, its Trongate location brings in a cheerful hotchpotch of Glaswegian society: young and old, rough and ready are all to be found here. As a pub, it’s great: sport on the TV, DJs in the evening, lively atmosphere, 3am licence, Brahma on tap and cheap caipirinhas. As a restaurant, it’s a tad more hit or miss. From the tapas selection, chicken wings (actually drumsticks) and sweet chilli sauce, or king prawns fried with garlic, are dishes that neither exceed the sum of their parts nor are the authentic Brazilian treats the menu suggests. Burgers and pizzas are safer bets. But the feijoada – traditional Brazilian pork stew – is a dark and rich customer characterized by smoky pork and sausage, which is good, filling pub grub – well suited to Boteco's strengths.
- High point: Great place to drink and hang out
- Low point: Menu spreads itself a bit too thin
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Brazilian beats, bossa nova jazz, latin funk, samba dance
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Explore the intimate sounds of bossa nova, tropicalia, exotica and breezy lounge pop every Monday with your hostess DJ Mingo-go.
Latin house music and live percussion, presided over by DJs Euan and David.
Salsa and dancing with Farah Portela Alonso and Tumbao Salsa School.
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Boteco do Brasil./5 from RSS feed of these comments