- Telephone 0141 357 3033
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–11pm; Sun 12.30–10pm.
- Average price £6.50 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.wudon-noodlebar.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Sisters Jennie and Anna Wu head up this family-owned treat at Kelvinbridge. The cuisine is a fusion of all the flavours the girls have grown up with – mostly Japanese, Chinese and Thai. Try a selection of wee plates to start to 'create your own Oriental feast'. Soft dumplings of pork, prawn and earthy shitake mushroom are recommended, as are the fat scallops grilled and served in their shell with a glaze of garlic, soy and coriander adding an unusual depth. Mains consist of big bowls of broths, fried noodles and rice dishes, the latter including teppanyaki beef – soft tender strips of meat arrive glistening with sweet and savoury teriyaki sauce all sizzling on an iron skillet – the accompanying garlic fried rice is a triumph, punchy and packed with flavour. Service is attentive, informative and genuinely caring while the décor is bright and funky – a great spot to taste some fantastic cooking.
- High point: Fantastic fusion food, funky décor and great staff
- Low point: Lights a bit bright
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle