This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 237 4515
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–4pm; Sat 9am–5pm; Sun 10am–3pm. (Closed Sat and Sun in winter).
- Average price £7.50 (lunch)
- Website www.mimiskitchen.co.uk
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Mimi’s Kitchen is a popular Charing Cross spot for breakfast, lunches and takeaways for office workers, students and shoppers alike. Named after Scots-Italian owner Franca Collins’s grandmother – plus her dog and daughter too – it’s spacious, bright and airy, and has undergone a spruce-up recently to bring the look more in line with imminent plans to open a few evenings a week offering more of a bistro menu including the likes of pizzas and risottos. During the day, breakfast options range from fry-ups and rolls to bacon and egg bagels and porridge. For lunch, there’s an extensive selection panini, bagels, wraps, salads and omelettes all freshly prepared at the counter, though the menu may extend to main course-style specials such as a lamb burger with fries. Mimi’s is licensed, so it’s good for a lazy lunch with a cheeky glass of wine or beer, and well set for offering evening dining. [Not recently visited.]
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- Delivery: Free
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Stevie Wonder
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: Nov 2009
- House wine: £9.95 per bottle