- Telephone 0131 556 5662
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–1am. Extended in Festival
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–10pm
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.elbowedinburgh.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
To the uninitiated, arriving at Elbow is a particular treat, not least for its eccentric layout, with a mezzanine reached by a rickety staircase and a ground level boasting leather booths fitted into various nooks and crannies. The décor, which includes a glitterball, fish tank and table-sized retro computer game, leans towards student chic, but in a good way, with high ceilings and large windows keeping the ground floor airy and light. The menu is enticing, especially for those seeking brunches and burgers, while the drinks range – from coffee to cocktails – reflects Elbow’s gradual progression from a laidback café vibe on weekdays to an altogether more lively and DJ-fuelled boozer of a Friday night.
- High point: Relaxed and impressively original
- Low point: The more exotic dishes are a bit hit and miss
Pub Quiz every Tuesday, Live music every Friday & Open Mic night on Sundays
Text supplied by third party.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Playlists by Trendy Wendy; DJs/live music on Fridays and Saturdays
- Capacity: 167; 70 seated
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2009
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Bill Spice and Dunc Stark with a blend of funk, soul, hip hop, house, techno, ska, dub and more.
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Elbow./5 from RSS feed of these comments