- Telephone 0141 552 0460
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun– Fri 4– 6.45pm
- Average price £7.95 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website www.medglasgow.com
Jump to comments (7)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
A smart, light, bright dining room with a stylish champagne bar attached, the place has an open kitchen where the chefs can be seen preparing dishes from the large menu. Deep-fried calamari are tasty and tender as are the prawns in the same characteristically light batter. The bean and lemon mayo salad accompanying is an odd addition however. Of the mains, the pastas and pizzas are probably the safest bets. Both are substantial and, while not out of the ordinary, are not half bad. The orecchiette mimosa deserves a mention, tasty and large, the quality and quantity of crumbled Italian sausage and pan fried aubergine makes this a hearty dish. For afters, the focaccia coated in chocolate hazelnut spread will undoubtedly sort you out. Not for the faint hearted, this mega pizza surely goes down well with sweet-toothed locals. If you are not from around here, don’t worry, the pizza’s not deep fried.
- High point: A stylish space
- Low point: No big surprises on the menu
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- Private dining: Up to 50 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Classical/Italian
- Capacity: 140 + 40 in bar
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2009
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 7 reviews of Mediterraneo./5 from RSS feed of these comments