The Two Figs
- Telephone 0141 334 7277
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10am–midnight.
- Food served Sun–Thu 10am–11pm; Fri/Sat 10am–midnight.
- Average price £5 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.thetwofigs.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Packing a punch at the snoozy end of Byres Road, the Two Figs is a sociable venue to shoot the breeze over double-shot daiquiris, a figgylicious cocktail or continental beer or two. Well-crafted globally inspired dishes focus on fresh ingredients and flavours. Whatever the time of day, you’ll be spoiled by choice − weekend brunch to die for, lunch for a fiver on weekdays or myriad tempting small plates, from malabar chicken and slow-cooked sticky ribs to superfood salads and mezze. Specials can be a hefty bowl of Scottish mussels and seafood chowder – red chillis balance the subtle sweetness that infuses velvety cream sauce with that ‘just right’ bread-dunking consistency. Crisp haggis bonbons nestle against soft venison pillows enveloped in rich glossy jus. Later, spoons wrestle to the last crumb of Oreo cheesecake. When the sun’s up there’s tables out front while an open fire keeps all snug on the inside wintertime.
- High point: Gluten-free options including beer
- Low point: No salt on the margarita rim
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 21
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chill-out tunes
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2009
- House wine: £14.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
The Two Figs opens in Glasgow14 Aug 2009
Giving a Fig, or two
The team behind The Left Bank on Gibson Street have just opened up their second venue. Donald Reid went along
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of The Two Figs./5 from RSS feed of these comments