- Telephone 0141 553 4060
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–11pm; Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun noon–6pm
- Average price £9 (set lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price 14.95
- Website www.sapporo.co.uk
Jump to comments (4)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
The Glasgow outfit of Sapporo is a fun-loving restaurant, popular with parties, groups and couples alike, all wanting to experience the theatre of Teppanyaki style cooking – fried potatoes fly through the air into eager diners mouths while flames dramatically shoot up from the show cooking hotplates. Service is fast but friendly supplying cocktails, beer and wine to eagerly awaiting punters. Starters include a massive array of various sushi combinations – try the fried soft shell crab, crisp and sweet against the cold savoury rice, topped with spicy mayonnaise. If hot starters are more appealing, skewered prawns, tempura and chicken goyoza are all enjoyable. For mains, a wide variety of seafood, poultry and meat feature along with an eye-boggling variety of sauces to accompany. Diners looking for a little extra indulgence are tempted to try the wagu ribeye – cooked before you, the beef is unlike any other breed: soft and sweet with creamy marbling running throughout, simply delicious.
- High point: Great fun, great food
- Low point: Due to the seating, being sociable is a must
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Live music
- Music on stereo: Japanese instrumental
- Capacity: 200
- Largest group: 180
- Open since: 2009
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Sapporo Teppanyaki./5 from RSS feed of these comments