- Telephone 0141 334 6127
- Bar open Tue–Sun noon–midnight. Closed Mon.
- Food served Tue–Sun noon–10pm. Closed Mon.
- Average price £24 (lunch); £24 (evening meal)
- Website www.crabshakk.com
This review is taken from the current (2014) edition.
Crabshakk is probably Glasgow’s smallest restaurant – night after night punters squeeze into a handful of tightly packed wooden tables or sit on black leather high stools at the bar drinking champagne, eating oysters or langoustines – all freshly caught that day, as is all the fish served here. Noise levels are high with chattering diners, upbeat young staff and the clattering of pans from the tiny open-plan kitchen. The staple menu never varies but it’s the ever-changing handful of daily specials that entice you back over and over again – try pan-roasted halibut sitting on top of a piquant chorizo paella, the fish bold enough to not be overwhelmed by the powerful Spanish flavours. Crab claws, mussels and scallops all feature along with an impressive fish and chips, creamy smoky chowder and their own fish club sandwich – the fish changes daily and could be salmon layered with cod on lightly toasted doorstop bread, a hefty slick of mayo and some crisp leaves adds the finishing touch. Don’t skip pudding, a slab of sticky dark chocolate cake and a dollop of sweet double cream is worth popping in for alone.
- High point: Fresh fish and changing specials, everyday.
- Low point: Too tight and bright for some
- Notable dish: Fish Club Sandwich
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 55
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £19.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
Take Three: The three ages of fish restaurant9 Jul 2009
Rogano 11 Exchange Place, Glasgow, 0141 248 4055, roganoglasgow.com Fitted out in art deco style in homage to the Clyde-built Queen Mary in 1935. It looks expensive and by golly it is. Amid the walnut veneer and polished silver, choose fish bisque…
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 10 reviews of Crabshakk./5 from RSS feed of these comments