- Telephone 0141 553 0810
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–10.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 4–6.30pm
- Average price £5.95 (set lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website www.amoreglasgow.co.uk
Jump to comments (3)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
At the quiet end of Ingram Street, Amore sits mezzanine height above pavement level which, along with the smart furnishings, lots of sparkling glass and stone-bake oven, provides a pleasant sense of occasion. It's a warm and welcoming enough space, but lacks a certain intimacy, tending to work better for business lunches or large parties. It has a slight feel of an Italian theme restaurant, although most of the staff are Italian and extremely helpful and accommodating. The bumper menu is a bit daunting but reasonably priced and fairly well executed. The speciality pizzas are particularly good, while a starter of pork and haggis meatballs – strikes a satisfying cultural balance. The caprese salad is let down by bland mozzarella but mains of penne arrabiata and the house speciality – sausage and mushrooms in a chilli and white wine sauce – are generously portioned and tasty. Dig in for a third course: the desserts are worth it.
- High point: Great budget lunch options
- Low point: Warm glass of merlot
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Italian / easy listening
- Capacity: 200
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2008
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of Amore./5 from RSS feed of these comments