- Telephone 0131 656 0513
- Food served Mon–Sat 8am–5pm; Sun 9am–5pm.
- Average price £7 (lunch)
Jump to comments (13)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
The Treehouse Café, facing Bruntsfield Links, feels bright, summery and welcoming to anybody breezing in from Leven Street for a sit-in breakfast or lunch, or a take-away picnic on the Meadows. The eco-retro décor of cheerful pot plants and vintage vinyl attracts sunlight, folk seeking a quiet chat or read by a window view, as well as the hungry local student population. The young clientele and beyond-city-centre location lower the prices of breakfasts, from smoked salmon and scrambled egg croissants to porridge with poached apple, pear, honey and cinnamon. Lunches are fresh, classic salads, paninis and triple-decker club sandwiches, plus cakes and soups. Like a good treehouse, this is family friendly, with solid roots grown into the community, and there’s a 10% discount for students, NHS staff, and Cameo/Filmhouse members, as well as live music every Sunday at 3pm.
- High point: Inspiring freshness from the food and the setting
- Low point: Not the place for buzz – gentle hum more like it
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Live music
- Music on stereo: Relaxed, classic and current favourites, nothing too intrusive
- Capacity: 23
- Largest group: 25
- Open since: 2008
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 5 reviews of The Treehouse./5 from RSS feed of these comments