The Tailend Restaurant and Fish Bar
- Telephone 0131 555 3577
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Typical order Fish supper: £6.50
- Website www.tailendrestaurant.com
Jump to comments (9)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Long touted as the poshest of Edinburgh’s fish bars, those waiting in line for this Leith Walk stalwart are by no means limited to post-pub revellers and there’s even a separate seated section that provides a comparatively classy alternative to wolfing down your haddock down on the hoof. The standard fish supper is succulent and coated in a batter that is both thin and crispy, while the chips are cooked in beef dripping – good news for all but those of a vegetarian persuasion. Alternatives to standard haddock are also plentiful, with the regular menu boasting traditional smoked favourites such as Finnan haddie and Arbroath smokies, while specials can include upmarket offerings such as sea bass, scallops, and monkfish, which can be battered, breaded or grilled.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Unobtrusive jazz
- Capacity: 44
- Largest group: 44
- Open since: 2008
- House wine: £13.50 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 8 reviews of The Tailend Restaurant and Fish Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments