- Telephone 0141 334 6671
- Opening times Mon–Sat 7.30am–7pm; Sun 9am–7pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 7.30am-7pm; Sun 9am–7pm.
- Average price £6.60 (set lunch)
- Website www.facebook.com/pages/…
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Situated in the epicentre of the city's West End, this handy independent coffee-and-food shop is a popular stop with shoppers, students and local workers, keeping it particularly busy at lunchtimes – though the service never seems stretched beyond its customary affable efficiency. Life in this part of town moves apace so S'mug does a brisk takeaway trade, but there are also tables indoors to enjoy a more leisurely visit, as well as plenty of seats outside for gazing upon the bustling comings and goings. Food includes tasty soups, pizzas, panini and bagels with various fillings, such as a generous cram of hummus and roast vegetables, as well as a range of enjoyable sweet treats including a moist little Portuguese vanilla cake. The trained baristas diligently prepare the various types of proper coffee, expertly decorating them with a flourish of latte art, plus there are frosty fruit smoothies for a lighter drink.
- High point: Helpful service
- Low point: Can get a bit cramped at busy times
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz
- Capacity: 28 in / 20 out
- Open since: 2009