- Telephone 0845 166 6011
- Food served Sun–Thu 11am–midnight; Fri/Sat 11am–1am.
- Average price £16 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.ketchupwestend.co.uk
Jump to comments (13)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
When it comes to knowing what students want, you’ve got to hand it to Ketchup. Set on the ground floor of a block of Ashton Lane venues, the American feel may not quite fit the cobbled lane, but inside, large booths and benches are crammed full of teens and twenty-somethings getting stuck into one of many original burger creations. And with indie anthems blasting out, it’s very much a place for groups of gathering mates. While there is fish and chips or chilli bowls, it really is all about the burgers – from the standard-bearers like the Bacon Cheeseburger, to eyebrow-raising creations like the Bollywood, featuring a huge, moist chicken breast, onion bhajis and a mango chutney, whose sweetness rather overpowers. The Incredible Hulk goes the other way; the peppercorn sauce not giving enough of a kick to the tender burger. With Simon Howie meats providing great consistency and '2 for 1' deals, there’s much to explore – and if you’re feeling flush, you can ‘posh up’ to Kobe beef for an extra tenner.
- High point: A haven for hungry students
- Low point: Only one beer on draught
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Indie, rock, pop
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 75
- Open since: 2008
- House wine: £14.25 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 6 reviews of Ketchup./5 from RSS feed of these comments